I was reading this Japan Times article. It reminded me of quizzes I gave to my Japanese students. They were big hits. Later on, I’d quiz my Japanese friends and they’d all call me kuwashii (詳しい, used to describe a person who is knowledgeable about something/s). Although this observation is far from accurate, we all had fun.
1. What is the smallest Prefecture in Japan?
2. What are the four capitals of Japan, past and present?
3. What is the most common male Japanese name?
4. How do you read this Kanji, 葡萄?
5. In the Sengoku Period, what was Tokyo and its surrounding area called?
6. Which is taller, Tokyo Tower or Eiffel Tower?
7. There are four cities in Chiba Prefecture that are in the Top Ten Richest Cities in Japan. Name two.
8. Which is older, Tanabata or Christmas?
9. How many Japanese prefectures have the Kanji, 福 (fuku), in their names?
10. In which Japanese prefecture is there a desert?